Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Fast lane

I was browsing through the net when I came across this amazing pic…
The old man standing by and clapping moved me so much that I decided that the pic deserved a place on my blog.
What was the old man thinking?? Did the musician care??? Were the others so caught up with their chores that they failed to notice the musician??? Did the ol’ fella find time only past his prime to appreciate the little things that made him so happy? Do we have something to learn??
Isn’t it strange how little things in life make you stop and think. We are all so ambitious… We all want to become Warren Buffet and Bill Gates… And we will do anything to get there… we get so involved that we fail to notice the little things that make us smile… the little red flower adding colour to the garden… the naughty kid smiling after being upto mischief…
I sat back and wondered whether I was on the right track… I was running so hard in this mad race … did I even care to notice the things around me… I have cribbed so many times about little things … have I cared to see the bigger picture…
Well I will leave you with the picture and to your introspections.


This picture is courtesy Miss. Anupa Sarah Mohan. Many Thanks and peace!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there was an article I read somewhere(guess it was the Hindu or Rave. i dont remember which one)
A British or American guy heard a guy playing the Ektara or some other Indian Instrument on the railway platform and took that guy with him to record an album.
Well we are so stuck in our busy lives that we fail to notice such small yet so beautiful things in life.
Do u observe the Kids on the road doing acrobatics. They have such flexible bodies. Especially this one gal on MG road. Wish someone could train her. She would be a good gymnast. But she is poor. she cant have two pieces of bread. would she be able to be a gymnast and pay huge fees. something we should really think abt

Thetis said...

loved the pic