Tuesday, August 02, 2005

More Drunk Stories... :)

9:00 am

“Knock knock”…
“Kaun hain be bho****”
“Tera baap”
“OYE!!! ELLY!!!!!! Yaar tu kab aaya yaar”
With these pleasantries I was welcomed into my junior’s room when I had been to KREC over the weekend...
“We were expecting you this morning… but this early… man u must be missing college...”
“Woh sab chodo yaar …sab kuch ready hain kya??”
There was a loud burst of laughter.. Others heard my loud laughter and made their presence felt… more laughter … more noise…
The boys were very nice to me … they played my favorite Floyd music… It dint matter that it was only 9 am… the guys were already busy doing what they do best…
A lot of talking… dancing … prancing around… burin CD’s... I was on my way!!!
“Yeah babay!!!”

“Abbe u chose the wrong day to land here dude… TCS is here for placements…”
“Does it matter???”
“Well actually it does.. Scores are bad re...”
“No problem man… we will go for the treat after your test”

Two of them were not giving TCS anyways… so I decided to go to Liquid Lounge with them while the others would join us there after the test…

3:30 pm

One of us decided that he wanted o go home ad that he would return in a short while…
So that meant that only two of us were at LL …
“Two long island tea please”
I was a recommendation from a close friend of mine… Boy!!! Did like it or what…
“Bacardi limon… two large please”
This was another of her recommendations… nice nice!!!!
By now I was already feeling that nice feeling… more chicken…
The third guy joined us by now… and we raised a toast to his arrival….
“Three more Bacardi limon please...”
A short while later…
“Three more please”
By now the others joined in… and it was flowing Bacardi…
Then it all came back to me…..
My cousin… oh yes… my cousin… he told me that I was supposed to be at his place by 5:30 pm… I was supposed to be all ready to go for some party… some family bonding session typez... It was already 5 now…
At just that moment I realized that I had received a call a short while earlier ad spoken some rubbish… I immediately pulled my cell ad checked… Yes it had been my cousin…
It wasn’t jus my cousin I had spoken rubbish to… I had spoken to two other friends…
I was wondering what I spoke to all of them as well as contemplating what to tell my cousin when I call him up… both at the same time… the black eyed peas music being as good as it was dint really make things very easy for my thinking…

I fumbled with my cell phone and managed to dial my cousin’s number..
“hello”
“Hello … u called???”
“Abbe... WTF??? Where are you??? You ok??”
“I’m just fine….”
“Yeah I figured… boss everyone will be here in half an hours time… what will you do…”
“Boss!!!! Help!!!!! Bachao!!!!”
“Drink some tea and get here immediately…”

“Abbe Chetan… ask him if he has some tea”
“Boss!! One long island tea please”

When it arrived I realized it wasn’t the tea that I wanted… but I drank it anyways…
My cousin asked me to drink tea… I doesn’t matter what tea it was… lol!!!!

I paid up and prepared to leave… I realized I couldn’t even walk straight… Now the seriousness of the whole party thing was slowly dawning on me… I was supposed to meet many of my uncles whom I hadn’t met in ages… boy!!! This was gonna be one helluva meeting!!!!

I ran to a nearby “good angadi” and picked up 5 bucks worth of mint gum and chewed the living daylights outta each one of them.. Blowing into my palm every now and then to check if I was stinking…

When I reached my cousins place only my cousin was there… he was waiting for me… apparently the party was at Moti Mahal…

My cousin gives me one look…
“U drunk SOB!!!! Go have a bath…. U smell like you’ve been swimming in whiskey..”
“But I …..”
“FU… go catch a shower quickly… were already late… bas****”
I was thanking my stars for the fact the only my cousin was home… I was also wondering how eve after 5 “Super mint” bubble gums I was still stinking… I was now mildly laughing…. It would take me at least an hour before I would begin to feel like an earthling …

I had a quick shower and came out..
“ok the stink is take care of… now wait … Il make some tea… u should feel a little more… er whatever”
“Really???”
“Fu… don’t open your mouth… the stink is taken care of otherwise…”
I got dressed… thanks to generous doses of perfume I was smelling presentable… While I downed one mug of tea after the other… my cousin was spelling out the dos and don’ts…
“Don’t get anywhere close to the aunties… they can detect the smell from a mile...”
“Don’t talk for too long with any uncle... They will recognize the familiar smell...”
“Be to the point with your answers… no adventures…”
“No playing with children… just sit beside me… don’t go anywhere …”
I nodded my head for everything he said….

Boy!!! Was it fun or what!!!

6:40 pm

We reached the party hall… It was huge… thankfully…
“Bandhya…. Naavu ninge kaithidhevu…”
I just smiled as instructed…
I avoided everyone ad wet to the shadiest corner and sat down… I told my cousin o get me some fruit punch… While my cousin was gone one huge aunty spotted me ad came towards me… I was like…
“WTF??? Now what the hell will I do???? No Sunil also… Good God!!!!

The aunty just about reached ear me when my cousin appeared from nowhere and started talking to her…
“Pappu hosa car tokonda anthe… “
“Howda.. Elli…???”
“Toristhini aunty...” and he led her outside… saved again… wah beta..
This went on for almost an hour… each incident closer than the other… Time seemed to be moving so slowly!!! Man every second seemed like an eternity in itself…

When finally we left the place I knew how close I had been to achieving the “Drunkard” tag... Wonder what excuses I would have had to come up with had I been caught… man!!! Close shave huh!!!

2 comments:

Thetis said...

close indeed!

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Wish I'd been around to watch the fun :-))