Tuesday, July 26, 2005

one year down the line...

What a feeling it is to be back in college!!!! Seriously I never thought id feel so friggin nostalgic.. I mean the moment I stepped into college I was struck by a million thoughts and even more memories… Every block I passed and every path I took.. every corner… every nook… every shady spot reminded me of something or the other.. I was so full of memories… it seems unbelievable now…
I went straight to my close friends room… nothing had changed… the rooms were still yellow and packed with a million essentials… the boys still ran around semi naked and the use of expletives was still unrefrained… nothing had changed!!!! Each room was playing something or the other… the corridor was still as noisy as when I left it …
For a moment I was wondering how much things have changed since I graduated from college…

As I sat on the rocky KREC beach , the entire year passed by me… how many things had changed… Life is so hectic now that I have to actually make time for my friends… friends who were so much a part of my life… I specially mention Ksheetij here… He was my room mate… friend… guide… he teased me… taught me and was there for me … wherever we went we were together… A year has passed and ive met him only twice… isn’t hat sad…

I can actually imagine my friends yell.. “yaar ek aur jalao yaar”… “yaar mangalore chalte hain”… “ek aur peg dalna yaar” and now all I can hear is a monotonous,“ submit @$#@$!@#% by Saturday evening”, “can u come over the weekend for just a couple of hours…”
Damn!!! Some life this!!!

There was right to free speech…there never was a dull moment and never a time when I had to face a damn boring and inexpressive bum shouting orders at me… now all I get is “do that”…”complete this”…“when will you complete that thing I gave you yesterday….”
Damn !!!! some such a piss off!!!

The more I think I realize im slowly getting into the matrix… one from which however much I may try I cant get out of..

man!!!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

:) thats the beauty of yesterday... a picture perfect portait... yet the still picture generates so much of positive vibrance and vigor...

and the actually active and alive today seems meaningless to us eh

ironic life is!

Anonymous said...

well first of all nice to hear my name in the article...

tis good to take that drive in the old lane sometimes... this kinda reminded me of the great times we had together

I would like to stay focussed on the future rather than the past rt now... in my opinion past memories r for the old ppl...

Thetis said...

hehe..