Monday, July 04, 2005

Purpose??? whats that

I was just wondering about how much we all know about the purpose of our existance… Am I the only one or is everyone around me about as unclear… What am I here on earth for??? What am I supposed to be doing?? Is what I am doing actually done towards doing what I am supposed to do??? Phew!!! Are we really guided by a super power??? Is there a meaning to fate lines and weird charts?? Well I do not know… Are we really the “masters of our destiny” or is it that our destinies are written for us even before we enter this world…
After the accident in December 2003, while I was lying down in the hospital with four broken bones I was wondering why I wore my helmet on that day.. I generally did not wear a helmet but on that day it seemed to come naturally to me to wear one… If I hadn’t there was no way I could have escaped… Is it merely a coincidence??? Does that mean that my purpose for existence is still not satisfied???
I was trying to figure out the funda behind my purpose and it just got weirder by the minute… According to a friend of mine, we live because we have a purpose. This statement kinda perplexed me no end… Does that mean that when a person dies his purpose is fulfilled?? Its ironical that a man should never know what he is living for until he is alive no more… Does a man realize what his purpose his living was after his death??? Well no one knows… I was wondering if a man knows his purpose the moment before his death… the whole concept of purpose becomes more absurd when u wonder if there is a purpose in the first place… If there is then how would you explain the death of a baby before it sees the world…
Well I do not know the answers… But I do know its time to sleep… Good night people…

7 comments:

Thetis said...

NO, WAIT!!
You go to sleep at 8:25 pm ???

What was the other thing.. ah, purpose of life.. I have not figured that one out but everyone tells me it is all about 42.. Rats!!!

sanity_sucks said...

@loonie: thanks man!!! yep id sure love to chat abt it sometime... its very wierd man... the more i think abt it... the more i realise im furtehr away from the answer... :)

@thetis: :) my thoughts were beginning to run astray and i had to end it somehow.. :) by jove ur observative!!! 42... well yeah it answers every question :)

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Douglas Adams actually says that the moment somebody figures the answer to life, the universe and eerything, that the whole universe will transform into something more inexplicable and bizarre.

There's also a theory that this has actually happened.


Pi.

sanity_sucks said...

hey Pi!!! thou appearest at last!!!!!
hey dude isnt that theory ur talking about the '42' funda???

Saturday Night Takeout said...

42 was what he spoke about in part 1. The twist (with the mice and all that) required that he come up with something more absurd in the one's to follow.

I got the actual quote wording. It appears in the introduction to part 2 (the restaurant at the end of the universe)
-----------------------------

{Introduction}

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will
instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
bizarre and inexplicable.

{Another Introduction}

There is another theory which states that this has already
happened.
-------------------

Jax said...

We did a play called "Chakravyuh" in which the protagonist hunts to find his purpose. To find that single governing equation that controls everything. And the answer is....

SG said...

Well, well!
Mere humans.
The problem is in the question.
Why would someone or something ask such questions?
It is only the intelligent being that has a purpose otherwise things just happen.
River keep on flowing..
We say her purpose is to meet sea while the truth is gravity.
The question about the word 'purpose' has been around for thousands of years.
Newton believed that it rains for helping farmers grow up the crops while Darvin said "It is for spoiling the riped crops."
Moreover, looking at things with a purpose point of view is equivalent to "It just happens".
Let me prove mathematically.
Take a equation
x^2 - 3x + 2 = 0
How can you solve this?
simple x = (-b +- sqrt(b*b - 4ac))/2a.
Anwser: 2, 1
This is doing things with the purpose.

While this can be solved with "Let it go" philosophy.
we can write it like this:
x = sqrt (3x -2)

Now put a random value of x in right hand side and calculate x. Again put this new value of x on right hand side. Keep doing this and you will reach to a solution.
This is the natures way of solving problem. And we think that everything was planned.

The same philosophy is true when we talk abour free market.

Hey who-so-ever-u-r,
Thanks for tempting me to shout out loud the words and thought that I have collected and pondered over for so many years.

Alpha0
http://geekheads.blogspot.com